If you look at my design library, you would be shocked to find out how many design books I actually have. You might be surprised to know that I have a very small number in my collection.
there are two reasons for this. The first is because I prefer the more modern method of listening to books on Audible. And the second is because there are few books that I want in hardcopy form that are worth filling up the space in my home.
I’m a sucker for a good design book and I’m going to share my favorite ones with you below.
in order for a book to find a place on my shelves, I typically use a process of illumination to help me keep it paired down. So, all the books on the shelf meet all or a combination of any one of these three requirements:
- Must include ultra-practical advice to help me when I need a resource on a certain topic
- Must be filled with images of designs that are inspiring to me
- Must inspire me immediately with a quick flip through of the book
My top picks
The books will provide you with the most awe-inspiring images along with the best design tips to help inspire you to design your own beautiful space.
Shop the list
You will not be disappointed with any of these books. Find links to each of my top picks below.
- THE INTERIOR DESIGN HANDBOOK by Frida Ramstedt
- THE GREAT AMERICAN HOUSE by Gil Shafer III
- STYLED by Emily Henderson
- ESTABLISHING HOME by Jean Stoffer
- THE NATURE OF HOME by Jeff Dungan
- THE NEW DESIGN RULES by Emily Henderson
- GARDENISTA by Michelle Slatalla
- HOW TO READ HOUSES by Will Jones
- THE CLASSICAL ORDER OF ARCHITECTURE by Robert Chitham
- MADE FOR LIVING by Amber Lewis
- GET YOUR HOUSE RIGHT by Marianne Cusato
Which one will be your next read?
Let me know in the comments below which book or books you decide to snag off the list. Can’t wait to hear about what you pick!